Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thrift Find

I found this rather ugly looking picture (well it did have a picture attached to it) with an unbelievable $20 price tag attached. On closer inspection the frame was falling to pieces. I offered them $5 pointing out that the frame was falling apart. They accepted my offer and off I went with a smile on my face and the mind buzzing. My intentions were to turn this falling apart really only good for the scrap heap into a lovely blackboard. I fixed up the frame, gave it a coat of paint and then sanded the insert and applied blackboard paint. Just love it.


2 comments:

Melly said...

Hi Nel, what a wonderful job you did transforming that frame...oh and I love the quote also. I'm going to enjoy having a look around your blog to see what other gorgeous transformations you've done.
Have a wonderful day!
Melly:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nel! I'm a fellow thrifty finds addict!! LOL! Also love shabby fabrics and have quite the stash of my own. Love what you did with the broken frame...just beautiful!
I found you through your ebay shop.Some really nice things you have there! Enjoying reading your blog too! BTW- Good job on the floor! I'm a little jealous that you have a little studio...maybe one day.
Until next time,keep up the good work!
Peggy