Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Makeovers




Some lovely makeovers for the weekend. I picked up the gorgeous tiered chandelier for a very good price. I recovered the shade in some gorgeous Ashwell fabric and painted the base a lovely crisp white. The lamp base I acquired on one of my many Op shop hunts. It needed to be rewired and fortunately I have a friend who was able to assist me with this. The lovely chest seat was another Op shop find. I wish I had captured some before shots, because it was in a truly appalling state.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Nell, I'm Holly! I love the shabby and cottage look the best and little by little I'm incorporating it into my home. I Love you sweet make overs! ♥

Shabby Pink Cottage said...

Hi Holly, thanks for your comment, I have loved this look for about 20 years and am always on the look out for items to make over. I have almost completed some more items, so will be posting soon. Nel