Thursday, July 3, 2008

I am well on the way to finishing my cottage studio. The walls and ceiling are in. I am now in the process of painting. I don't mind doing the walls, however the ceiling is a nightmare. I am half way there, so hopefully this weekend will see it complete. The french doors are the next project to cover on this delightful cottage studio. I will start posting some pics shortly as I start to furnish the cottage. I have been madly painting furniture as well.
I recently picked up a round wooden dining table, that was not in the best of condition. Will lots of sanding and white paint it has come up a treat. I also purchased some gorgeous white wicker chairs which look beautiful around the table.
My dear old Dad made a lovely plate rack for me many years ago and I am in the process of painting it for the cottage. My Dad was a very talented man who could turn his hand to anything. I have been fortunate enough to pick up this talent from my Dad and can therefore do a lot of the building work myself in the cottage studio. I am about to tackle the window trims. This will be interesting. Hopefully Dad will be watching over me with words of advice. My dear Dad passed away 5 years ago. He is always near and his advice is invaluable. Luv you and miss you Dad.
A few months ago I was given 20 boxes of fabric, so I can't wait to unpack it all to see what treasures are amongst it.
I don't often buy new furniture because I like vintage items, however I have seen the perfect lounge with chaise for my cottage and I just have to have it.

No comments: